Published Thursday, 25th June 2020
3 JULY UPDATE: Usual household waste and recycling service resumed on Wednesday 1 July, although there may still be some delays as the crews catch up. Thank you for bearing with us.
If your food waste or paper and card wasn't collected on Friay 3 July, please don't try and report this as a missed bin, but leave it out as crews will be out collecting over the weekend.
We are sorry for the disruption to your service over the past week, which was due to operational issues.
To mitigate the impact on collections, we amended some collection rounds and what we were able to collect, and some staff worked over the weekend to catch-up. We advised that:
- We will collect refuse and dry mixed recycling as best we can.
- Please put your food waste in with your refuse if your food collection has been missed or is due within the next week, or keep it until your next scheduled collection.
- We will try our best to collect garden waste, for which collection resumed last week.
- If your refuse, dry mixed recycling or garden waste bin is missed, please leave it out and we will get to it as soon as we can.
- To enable us to catch up we are not collecting paper and card until the next collection cycle - please keep hold of it until your next scheduled collection
Updated Wednesday 1 July 2020.