Volunteering in the borough
Volunteers make a huge difference in communities across the borough and Volunteers Week is a great opportunity to say 'Thank you'.
If you are interested in volunteering there are opportunities within the council, as well as many charities and voluntary organisations working in the borough that would like your help.
Reigate & Banstead Borough Council volunteering opportunities
We have volunteering opportunities to suit all skills and interests:
- Community centre volunteers help our three community centres provide a warm welcome to people of all ages.
- Website: Community centre volunteers
- Volunteers work as part of the front of house team at Harlequin Theatre and Cinema in Redhill
- Website: Harlequin Theatre and Cinema
- Greenspaces volunteers support the conservation groups that help to manage and maintain land owned by the council
- Website: Greenspaces volunteers
- Emergency volunteers are called upon during an emergency in the borough. See our role during an emergency for more information
- Website: our role during an emergency
- Volunteers working with our Refugee Resettlement Team providing support and assistance with cultural integration for refugee families moving into the area of East Surrey
- Website: Refugee Resettlement Team
- We are looking for volunteers to help with a number of projects that are Community Development Team is involved with
- Website: Community Development Team
- There are health and wellbeing volunteering opportunitiesthat help us to run events and activities such as Star for a Night and the Specsavers Surrey Youth Games
Voluntary Action Reigate and Banstead
The Voluntary Action Reigate and Banstead (VARB) can provide advice and put you in touch with the organisation you would like to help.
The Reigate and Banstead Volunteer Awards
The Mayor of Reigate & Banstead Borough Council celebrates the borough’s volunteers annually through the Reigate and Banstead Volunteer Awards. The award winners are nominated by local residents, community groups and voluntary organisations. Find out about previous winners and how to nominate.
Surrey information point
For countywide volunteer opportunities or to register an organisation please visit Surrey Information Point.
- Website: surreyi