Garden Waste Service
Information on our garden waste brown bin service
Register for the garden waste service online.
- If you are unsure about your collection week, please check the Where I live service or contact the Help Line on 01737 276000. For advice concerning collections over bank holidays, please visit our Bank holiday collections page.
About the Garden Waste Service
- This service will provide collections every other week from the edge of your property or communal bin area or collection point.
- One annual fee for a brown 240 litre bin* (you can have up to ten bins, each bin costs an annual subscription). The bin is delivered within 3 weeks of applying.
- The fee pays for the service and the bin remains the property of Reigate & Banstead Borough Council.
- If you only generate a small amount of garden waste then why not consider sharing a bin with neighbours.
- Payment is by Direct Debit which can be arranged online or over the phone at the time of joining. Read the full details on the Garden Waste Service fees page.
* If your refuse is collected in pre-printed black refuse sacks provided by the Council there will be a three-bag alternative to the garden waste bin.
For more information you can read the Garden Waste Service terms and conditions (PDF document [100.6Kb]).
Apply for it with the Garden Waste Service registration form.
What can be placed in your garden waste bin?
|Yes please||No thanks|
|Grass cuttings.||Any plastic including flower pots, plastics bags and polystyrene trays.|
|Hedge trimmings.||Kitchen waste (due to legislation following the foot and mouth outbreaks).|
|Weeds.||Hardcore or stones.|
|Prunings.||Earth or soil.|
|Dead plants.||Animal bedding.|
|Twigs and small branches less than 10cm (4 inches) in diameter.|
|Other plant material.|
Alternatives for your garden waste
We joined up with Surrey County Council to offer you low price composters, wormeries, water butts and various accessories.
Composting is an inexpensive, natural process that transforms your kitchen and garden waste into a valuable and nutrient rich food for your garden. It's easy to make and use.
Surrey County Council Community Recycling Centres (tip/dump)
Alternatively, you can dispose of your garden waste at one of Surrey County Council's recycling centres (tip/dump) at either Epsom or Earlswood.
- telephone: Garden Waste Hotline on 01737 276444
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- online subscription: Apply for it with the Garden Waste Service registration form
- online reporting: Missed collection - Report it.
Last updated : 17/05/2013