What can go in each container
Pages in What can go in each container
6. Garden waste bin
What can go in my garden waste bin?
We collect your garden waste every other week if you have subscribed to the service.
Find out how to Join the garden waste service.
Yes please - garden waste must be placed loose in this bin
- Dead plants
- Grass cuttings
- Hedge trimmings
- Plant material and cuttings
- Twigs & leaves
- Small branches (less than
10 cm/4 inches in diameter)
- Animal or pet bedding
- Japanese knotweed, common ragwort or giant hogweed
- Kitchen and food waste
- Plastic plant pots, plastic bags, etc
- Rubble, hardcore or stones