Reliefs and reductions
Pages in Reliefs and reductions
- 1. Covid-19 Additional Relief Fund
- 2. Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Relief
- 3. Public Toilet Relief
- 4. Extension of Transitional Relief
- 5. Supporting Small Businesses
- 6. Small Business Rate Relief
- 7. You are here: Mandatory Charitable Rate Relief
- 8. Discretionary Rate Relief
- 9. Community Amateur Sports Club Relief
- 10. Hardship Relief
- 11. Partly Occupied Property Relief
- 12. Unoccupied Property Relief
- 13. Local Discretionary Relief Scheme 2017
- 14. Pub Relief Discount
- 15. Business Rates Flooding Relief
- 16. Relief for Newspapers
7. Mandatory Charitable Rate Relief
If you share the premises
Some properties are divided into a number of separate rating assessments. For example, separate rooms or floors in an office block may be individually assessed, alternatively the block may have just the one assessment.
If you either share a rating assessment with another organisation, or another organisation uses your premises, then we need to know who they are, how often they use the premises and what they use the premises for.
Assessing your claim
We aim to assess your claim within 10 working days, however if we are unable to do so we will advise you of how much longer it is likely to take.
Once your claim is successfully assessed we will send you a revised account.
80% mandatory charitable rate relief can be granted to charities. A further 20% discretionary charitable relief may also be applied for.