Reliefs and reductions
Pages in Reliefs and reductions
- 1. Covid-19 Additional Relief Fund
- 2. You are here: Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Relief
- 3. Public Toilet Relief
- 4. Extension of Transitional Relief
- 5. Supporting Small Businesses
- 6. Small Business Rate Relief
- 7. Mandatory Charitable Rate Relief
- 8. Discretionary Rate Relief
- 9. Community Amateur Sports Club Relief
- 10. Hardship Relief
- 11. Partly Occupied Property Relief
- 12. Unoccupied Property Relief
- 13. Local Discretionary Relief Scheme 2017
- 14. Pub Relief Discount
- 15. Business Rates Flooding Relief
- 16. Relief for Newspapers
2. Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Relief
The 2022/23 Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Business Rates Relief scheme will provide eligible, occupied, retail, hospitality and leisure properties with a 50% relief, up to a cash cap limit of £110,000 per business. The discount will only apply between 1 April 2022 and 31 March 2023 and as long as the business meets the qualifying criteria.
From 1 April 2023 to 31 March 2024 eligible businesses will receive a reduction of 75% retail relief, up to a cash cap limit of £110,000 per business. The discount will only apply between 1 April 2023 and 31 March 2024 and as long as the business meets the qualifying criteria.
For 2022/23 and 2023/34 the cash cap is set at £110,000 per ratepayer.
This means that a ratepayer (together with any other companies in the same Group) shall not receive more than £110,000 of the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Relief for eligible properties within the relevant financial year and shall not receive more than £343,000 in total of Small Amounts of Financial Assistance over three years.
It is the responsibility of each business to contact us immediately if they believe they do not qualify or wish to refuse the relief, so that it can be cancelled and a revised bill issued accordingly.