Street parties

Pages in Street parties

  1. 1. What counts as a small street party?
  2. 2. You are here: Getting permission to hold a small street party or fête
  3. 3. Other considerations for holding a street party

2. Getting permission to hold a small street party or fête

The King's Coronation weekend

Sunday 7 May is the The Coronation Big Lunch, at which neighbours and communities are invited to share food and fun together to celebrate the Coronation.

If you are holding a street and would like to invite the Mayor or Deputy Mayor to your event, you can do so by completing and submitting this request. Alternatively, you can contact the Mayor's office directly via email:

Request a road closure

Request a road closure for a public event

You must check that the views of everyone in the road have been taken into account before we are able to give permission for the event.

You should allow six weeks notice before the day of the event as a minimum.

Larger public events attracting more people will require a different process. If you intend to hold a larger event you should begin by reviewing our Temporary Event Licence page.

Alternative routes for traffic

If your street is used by through traffic you will need to send the council a traffic plan. This must show how much of the road is to be closed and an alternative route for traffic.

While the Council will make contact with emergency services and relevant bus companies on your behalf, you should ensure that if you have already made contact with them the names and contact details of the people who you dealt with are provided.

We’ll also check with Surrey County Council that no road works are planned and that surrounding roads are still accessible.