Online forms:

To report a change of address or circumstances, apply for a discount or exemption, set up a Direct Debit or instalment plan over 12 months, or request a refund, please complete the specific form on the online forms page.

For general enquiries where there is not a specific form:

Please use the Contact Us form. You will need to select the "None of the above" option on the first list, as selecting Council Tax will point back to the online forms page. You will then be able to select Council Tax on the second list.

Citizens Access (My Council Tax account service):

View your Council Tax account online by signing up to Citizens Access.


If you are providing documentation or evidence then please email this to


If you are contacting about a Council Tax Support or Housing Benefit claim, please visit the Benefits section of the site.

By post

Please send postal correspondence to Reigate & Banstead Borough Council, Town Hall, Castlefield Road, Reigate, Surrey, RH2 0SH

By phone

The Council Tax department telephone line is on 01737 276779, and is open from 8:45am to midday, Monday to Thursday excluding bank and public holidays and over the Christmas period.

Please only telephone if your enquiry is urgent, for example if it relates to a recovery notice or an upcoming or recently collected instalment that is unaffordable. Notifications of changes of address or circumstances, applications for discounts or exemptions, or requests for a refund should be made in writing; online if possible or by post if not; as outlined above.

Please have your Council Tax account number available when you call, as we are unable to discuss your account or take payment without this number.

Please note that aggressive or abusive behaviour will not be tolerated. This includes any personal, abusive or threatening comments, or the use of bad language. Calls where this type of behaviour is displayed will be terminated.

In person

Please do not visit the Town Hall without having discussed this with a Council Tax officer first, as there may be nobody available to see you. The majority of enquiries can be resolved through other channels without needing to visit the Town Hall in person. 

If you have documentation or evidence to provide then please send a copy either as an email attachment or by post. An original or certified copy is not generally required.

For any urgent enquiries, please telephone. If it is agreed that you do need to visit the Town Hall to see an officer in person then an appointment will be made.

Contacting on behalf of somebody else

If you are contacting on behalf of somebody else then we will generally require their authorisation to discuss their Council Tax liability with you. If you are contacting on behalf of somebody that you hold Power of Attorney for then please provide a copy of the documentation, specifically the page naming you as an attorney.

If you do not hold Power of Attorney then the person that you are contacting on behalf of should provide written authorisation that you can discuss their liability.