Redhill Town Centre Area Action Plan
The Redhill Town Centre Area Action Plan (RTC AAP) is a development plan document forming part of the Local Development Framework.
We would like to keep you informed of progress with the Redhill Town Centre Area Action Plan (RTC AAP). The purpose of this web page is to:
- set the context
- inform you of the stage the Council is at with the preparation of the RTC AAP
- let you know when future consultation events are scheduled
- provide you with information that has been gathered from previous consultations.
Where are we now?
The Council has consulted the public on the Issues & Options and Preferred Options documents for the RTC AAP in 2008 and 2009 respectively. We have since reviewed all of the work undertaken, refreshed the evidence base and prepared a Consultation Draft. The Council publicly consulted on this Consultation Draft between January and February 2012. Thank you for all consultation responses submitted. Your comments are being captured, analysed and taken into account as we finalise the Area Action Plan for submission to the Secretary of State and examination by an independent planning inspector.
The Council plan to undertake the next round of consultation on the Area Action Plan in Autumn 2012. Please refer to the Local Development Scheme for an update on the timing for the RTC AAP and other development plan documents. Further updates on the progression of the Area Action Plan will be provided here.
The RTC AAP is a Development Plan Document (DPD) forming part of the Local Development Framework (LDF).
The Core Strategy is the most important document that forms part of the Local Development Framework and sets out the key themes and vision for the future development of an area. It is accompanied by the proposals map, statement of community involvement and the annual monitoring report, all of which are required documents for the LDF.
Area Action Plans are optional and are meant to supplement the Core Strategy by providing further specific policies in identified areas that either require regeneration, are of environmental importance or are identified as a site for major change.
Redhill has long been recognised as an area of strategic importance with the potential to become a more well-connected, friendly and vibrant town centre. The Government’s South East Plan, which sets out planning policies for the south east region, has identified Redhill/Reigate as a ‘centre for significant change’ in addition to the town being at the heart of the borough’s New Growth Point proposals. Therefore, the need for an Area Action Plan for Redhill was identified on the basis of the need to revive the town centre, stimulate the local economy, provide housing, and implement traffic management measures, etc.
Previous consultation events
Further information of the previous consultation events can be found here:
- RTC AAP Issues & Options consultation May/June 2008
- RTC AAP Preferred Options consultation January/February 2009
- RTC AAP Consultation Draft 2012 - can be downloaded below:
Consultation Draft 2012
- Consultation Draft Jan/Feb 2012 - summary leaflet (PDF document [1.2Mb]) (pdf)
- Consultation Draft Jan/Feb 2012 - overview document (PDF document [498.6Kb]) (pdf)
- Consultation Draft Jan/Feb 2012 - Proposals map (PDF document [873.3Kb]) (pdf)
- Consultation Draft Jan/Feb 2012 - Full document (PDF document [10.2Mb]) (pdf)
Supporting information can be downloaded below:
- Consultation Draft Jan/Feb 2012 - Statement of Availability (PDF document [232.5Kb]) (pdf)
- Consultation Draft Jan/Feb 2012 - Statement of Matters (PDF document [244.5Kb]) (pdf)
- Consultation Draft Jan/Feb 2012 - Consultation Statement (PDF document [1.9Mb]) (pdf)
- Consultation Draft Jan/Feb 2012 - Sustainability Appraisal Report (PDF document [5.1Mb]) (pdf)
- Consultation Draft Jan/Feb 2012 - Background evidence
Please contact the Policy team for further information on 01737 276000 or email LDF@reigate-banstead.gov.uk
Last updated : 18/04/2012