Applying to have a dropped kerb or crossover
To apply to have a dropped kerb or crossover applied to your driveway you need to:
- confirm with us if your works will require planning permission, and then;
- apply to Surrey County Council for a licence. They are the local highway authority and will consider highway safety, driveway design and explain any contractual issues.
To confirm if you need planning permission:
- Email Planning.email@example.com with details of your request, including your address and nature of the works and we can advise whether planning permission is required.
- The cost for this is £30 and payment should be made on our online payments form. This fee is non refundable.
- If planning permission is required we will advise you accordingly and a planning application should be made via the planning portal.
Surrey County Council application form
Once you have received approval from us, please complete the Surrey highways vehicle crossovers application form (PDF) and return it to Surrey County Council, further details are available on their Vehicle crossovers or dropped kerbs page (SCC website).
Please also refer to their Vehicle Crossover Guidance for Householders (PDF).