Join the garden waste service online
- This service will provide garden waste collections every other week from the roadside edge of your property or if suitable the communal bin area.
- A single annual fee includes the rental of a single brown 240 litre wheelie bin (you can rent up to 10 bins, each bin costs an annual subscription).
- The wheelie bin is delivered within three weeks of applying.
- The fee pays for the collection service and the wheelie bin remains the property of the Council.
- The wheelie bin supplied maybe secondhand, dependant on the demand for the service.
- The Council may refuse to offer the service due to operational or access reasons.
- If you are moving within the borough, you can transfer your garden waste membership. You will need to move your brown bin with you to the new address but you must notify the Council of your actions on 01737 276000 or via our contact us online form.
- You can see what is allowed in your garden waste bin on the garden waste bin contents page.
- Garden waste terms and conditions (PDF)
- The garden waste service costs £55 per bin per year.
- The service includes 25 fortnightly collections a year, covering 50 weeks (there is a 2 week break over Christmas).
- Payment is by Direct Debit only, this can be arranged online or over the phone when you join.
- If you change your bank account please check that your bank has transferred your direct debit or your membership will automatically terminate at the renewal date.