Pay council tax
Pay by Direct Debit
Before you fill in this form you will need to have your:
- council tax reference number (it's on your bill and begins with 4)
- bank details.
- The ‘Total balance outstanding’ figure in the form above may include your annual charge for the 2017/18 year and the bill for this will be issued on 6 March.
Before you fill in this form you will need your:
- council tax account number (it's on your bill and begins with 4).
Automated telephone payments
Call the automated payment line on (01737) 276727. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Delta and Electron cards.
See other methods of payments for details of all the other options such as post.
Payable over ten months a year
- Council tax is payable over 10 months from 1 April to 1 January; or
- by 1 annual payment on 1 April; or
- by 2 6-monthly payments on 1 April and 1 October.
You can arrange to pay your Council Tax over 12 months providing you contact us and make the request.