Pay Council Tax
Pay by Direct Debit
Before you complete the Council Tax Direct Debit mandate you will need to have your:
- council tax reference number (it is on your bill and begins with 4)
- bank details
Council Tax Direct Debit mandate
Before you fill in this form you will need your:
- council tax account number (it's on your bill and begins with 4).
Automated telephone payments
Call the automated payment line on: 0330 0889 789: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Delta and Electron cards.
See other methods of payments for details of all the other options such as post.
Payable over ten months a year
- Council Tax is payable over 10 months from 1 April to 1 January
- by 1 annual payment on 1 April
- by 2 six monthly payments on 1 April and 1 October
You can arrange to pay your Council Tax over 12 months providing you contact us and make the request.
Check your Council Tax balance
>You can check how much you have left to pay, your instalment details and more by using our: Council Tax and Benefits checker.