Pay Council Tax
Pay by Direct Debit
Before you complete the Council Tax Direct Debit mandate you will need to have your:
- council tax reference number (it is on your bill and begins with 4)
- bank details
Council Tax Direct Debit mandate
Before you fill in this form you will need your:
- council tax account number (it's on your bill and begins with 4).
Automated telephone payments
Call the automated payment line on: 0330 0889 789: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Delta and Electron cards.
See other methods of payments for details of all the other options such as post.
Payable over ten months a year
- Council Tax is payable over 10 months from 1 April to 1 January
- by 1 annual payment on 1 April
- by 2 six monthly payments on 1 April and 1 October
You can arrange to pay your Council Tax over 12 months providing you contact us and make the request.
Check your Council Tax balance
You can check how much you have left to pay, your instalment details and more by using our: Council Tax and Benefits checker.