Apply for a new premises licence
Pages in Apply for a new premises licence
1. Premises licence requirements
Before making your application using our online form please note the following below:
- You will need to know your premises non-domestic rateable value (Gov.UK), this will determine your application fee.
- If you are trading as a Limited Company you will need your registered number.
- If you are applying as a individual or partnership you will have to demonstrate you have the entitlement to work in the UK.
- The applicant needs to be satisfied that the DPS is entitled to work in the UK (no specific evidence is required to be provided in the application).
- Know what activities and times are proposed at the premises (please read relevant 'Help' sections within the online form to confirm whether a licence is required for a specific activity).
- Know the proposed days and hours the premise will be open to the public.
- Know what steps will be taken to promote the licensing objectives (prevention of crime and disorder, public safety, prevention of public nuisance and protection of children from harm).
- A suitably detailed plan of the premise will need to be provided electronically via the upload page on the online form.
- The DPS Consent Form (Word) must be completed by the proposed DPS and then be uploaded by the applicant via the online form. Please make sure you have this in electronic copy or photograph to upload during your application.
- Please ensure you have a credit or debit card available to pay the prescribed fee.
- A copy of your application and consent form will be sent onto all responsible authorities e.g. Police, Trading Standards, Local Planning Authority etc.
Further in depth information and guidance can be found in the following sections below.
You are required to upload the following via the online forms 'Upload Files' page, we can not process your application without these:
- a plan of the premise;
- completed DPS Consent Form (Word)
If you are applying as a individual or partnership you must provide the following also:
- demonstrate you have the entitlement to work in the UK. This is done via uploading a copy of a suitable document. Further information on what documents are suitable can be found in Annex A of the Section 182 Guidance Document (Gov.UK), issued by the Home Office. If you are a UK resident then a copy of the photograph page of your passport would be sufficient.