Delivering Change in Horley Town Centre
Pages in Delivering Change in Horley Town Centre
- 1. Delivering Change in Horley Town Centre
- 2. You are here: Horley High Street, subway and Central car park improvement plans
- 3. Frequently Asked Questions
- 4. A community vision for Horley
2. Horley High Street, subway and Central car park improvement plans
The Council is proposing improvements to Horley High Street, subway and Central car park so that they better serve local people, are more welcoming and to help boost the local economy.
Art in the subway – May 2023
Following the public engagement on the High Street improvements in February, the Council has worked with artists to develop themes for mural style artwork in the Subway. Three ideas are presented and we are asking residents, businesses and stakeholders to give their comments and feedback on each theme.
These themes are informed by what residents said about Horley in the engagement carried out last year by Thinking Place and are intended to represent the identity and special characteristics of Horley.
- Horley subway art information boards (link to download the boards)
- Horley subway art feedback survey
Please provide your feedback using the online survey (link above) or by filling in a paper copy that can be picked up at the Library (55-57 Russell Square) or Horley Community Centre (Albert Road).
Engagement - February 2023
We shared more detailed designs for the High Street and subway improvements, shaped by what people have told us in the previous two rounds of engagement, along with plans for Central Car Park for the first time.
- Plans for your town - Horley High Street, subway and Central Car Park improvements – Feb 2023
- Horley High Street, subway and Central Car Park improvements masterplan
If you have any additional suggestions or comments, please email: HorleyTownCentre@reigate-banstead.gov.uk
High Street and subway engagement - autumn 2022
Last autumn, we shared details of how the plans for the High Street and subway were shaping up as a result of what people told us in the first consultation. These initial designs were on show at Horley Library from mid August to mid September 2022.
Engagement summary report – spring 2022
Thank you to everyone who took part in our first stage of engagement in spring 2022. We received almost 400 responses.
You can read a report of the summarised findings below:
Following the survey we:
- updated traffic and parking surveys
- looked how any proposals would affect existing junctions and neighbouring streets
- spoke to key stakeholders like Horley Town Council and Horley Town Management Group
- worked with Surrey County Council to review the findings of the Reimagining Horley visioning work to ensure that the outcomes and priorities are integrated with our proposals.
Initial proposals – spring 2022
Initial ideas were on display online and at Horley Library, along with opportunities to ‘meet the team’ in Horley precinct to find out more. The consultation ran from 21 February to 14 March.
What happens next
The Borough Council will continue to work with the design team to develop the proposals further and we aim to engage on more detailed designs for the subway again later in the spring or summer 2023.
Other engagement - Re-imagining Horley
Engagement on our High Street and subway plans builds on the recent conversations with residents and local stakeholders to develop a community-led vision for Horley that reflects the aspirations of the local community. See the Community vision for Horley page.