Council procedures following a planning submission
Pages in Council procedures following a planning submission
- 1. Council procedures following a planning submission
- 2. Step 2 - Letters are sent to neighbours most likely to be affected by the application
- 3. Step 3 - The views of other relevant bodies are also sought
- 4. You are here: Step 4 - The site is inspected
- 5. Step 5 - The application is assessed against Government guidance and Council policy
- 6. Step 6 - Other material considerations, such as the effect on neighbours, or highway safety are also considered
- 7. Step 7 - The Council may negotiate amendments to the application.
- 8. Step 8 - Permission is granted (with or without conditions) or refused
- 9. Monitoring development
4. Step 4 - The site is inspected
A planning officer will come and inspect the site of the application to gather all relevant information about it and the surrounding area.
It is not possible to give prior notice of the inspection, so please advise us if access cannot be gained without you being present.