Pages in What happens to your recycling
- 1. What happens to your recycling
- 2. What happens to your food recycling
- 3. What happens to your paper and card recycling
- 4. What happens to your mixed recycling
- 5. You are here: What happens to your garden waste
- 6. Recycling textiles and shoes
5. What happens to your garden waste
How much garden waste do we collect?
In 2020/21 we collected around 8,000 tonnes of garden waste.
Where does your garden waste go?
Garden waste is taken to local composting sites at KPS in Isfield and Woodthorn Group near Chichester where it is shredded into small fragments and formed into large scale windrows (aligned rows which are turned with machinery to accelerate the decomposition process).
After about 10 weeks, the end product is graded and used as a soil conditioner and source of nutrients in either landscaping projects or on farmland.