Core Strategy Examination
This page contains details about the Core Strategy Examination.
Core Strategy adopted
Following a special Full Council meeting on 3 July 2014, the Reigate & Banstead Core Strategy has been adopted with immediate effect. All planning applications will be now be assessed against the Core Strategy, alongside saved policies in the Borough Local Plan 2005.
- Core Strategy Adoption Statement (PDF document [230.8Kb]) (pdf)
- Core Strategy Schedule of Amendments (PDF document [529.7Kb]) (pdf)
- Adopted Core Strategy (PDF document [2.3Mb]) (pdf)
- Core Strategy Inspector's Report (PDF document [533.7Kb]) (pdf)
- Core Strategy Sustainability Appraisal Adoption Statement (PDF document [659.5Kb]) (pdf)
- Core Strategy Sustainability Appraisal Reports
The Affordable Housing SPD has now also come into effect. This SPD will now be a material consideration in the assessment of planning applications.
Examination documents are available via the links below:
- Inspectors documents
- RBBC examination documents
- Participants documents
- Notice of Core Strategy hearings May 2013 (PDF document [20.2Kb]) (pdf)
- Notice of Core Strategy Examination Hearing Dec 2013 (PDF document [22.3Kb]) (pdf)
The submitted Core Strategy
The Core Strategy was submitted to the Secretary of State in May 2012. Following an Exploratory Meeting in August 2012 and 6 month suspension period a revised Core Strategy was submitted to the Planning Inspector in February 2013.
- Core Strategy (proposed submission version March 2012) (PDF document [1.2Mb]) (pdf)
- Core Strategy: Further Amendments (submitted February 2013) (PDF document [2.7Mb])(pdf)
The Core Strategy: Further Amendments set out the general principle that in the future some development may be needed on greenfield (Green Belt) sites should suitable development opportunities in existing urban areas run out. Find out more about our proposals:
- Core Strategy and Green Belt (PDF document [290.6Kb]) (pdf)
- Key Diagram December 2012 (PDF document [404.2Kb]) (pdf)
Local MP Crispin Blunt secured a Parliamentary Debate about the Council’s Core Strategy proposals in January 2013. The transcript of the debate is available below:
- Hansard transcript of Parliamentary debate (parliament.uk)
Inspector and Programme Officer
Inspector Martin Pike BA MA MRTPI has been appointed to conduct the examination into the Core Strategy. An independent Programme Officer has also been appointed and will be responsible for organising and programming all procedural matters. Contact details for the Programme Officer are as follows:
- Claire Jones-Hughes, Banks Solutions, c/o 6 Brading Road, Brighton, BN2 3PD
Tel: 01273 381518, mobile: 07737 786425, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about the Examination procedure and the role of the Programme Officer is available from the Planning Inspectorate:
Examination Procedure Guidance (planningportal.gov.uk)
Last updated : 07/07/2014