Core Strategy Examination
This page contains details about the Core Strategy Examination.
Inspector's Report published
The Council has now received the report of Mr Martin Pike BA MA MRTPI into the Reigate & Banstead Core Strategy.
A composite version of the Core Strategy has been prepared, incorporating the Inspector's recommended modifications. Note that this is a working draft document and is subject to change. The Core Strategy will be considered by the Council's Executive on 20 March 2014.
Examination documents are available via the links below:
- Inspectors documents
- RBBC examination documents
- Participants documents
- Notice of Core Strategy hearings May 2013 (PDF document [20.2Kb]) (pdf)
- Notice of Core Strategy Examination Hearing Dec 2013 (PDF document [22.3Kb]) (pdf)
The submitted Core Strategy
The Core Strategy was submitted to the Secretary of State in May 2012. Following an Exploratory Meeting in August 2012 and 6 month suspension period a revised Core Strategy was submitted to the Planning Inspector in February 2013.
- Core Strategy (proposed submission version March 2012) (PDF document [1.2Mb]) (pdf)
- Core Strategy: Further Amendments (submitted February 2013) (PDF document [2.7Mb])(pdf)
The Core Strategy: Further Amendments set out the general principle that in the future some development may be needed on greenfield (Green Belt) sites should suitable development opportunities in existing urban areas run out. Find out more about our proposals:
- Core Strategy and Green Belt (PDF document [290.6Kb]) (pdf)
- Key Diagram December 2012 (PDF document [404.2Kb]) (pdf)
Local MP Crispin Blunt secured a Parliamentary Debate about the Council’s Core Strategy proposals in January 2013. The transcript of the debate is available below:
- Hansard transcript of Parliamentary debate (parliament.uk)
Inspector and Programme Officer
Inspector Martin Pike BA MA MRTPI has been appointed to conduct the examination into the Core Strategy. An independent Programme Officer has also been appointed and will be responsible for organising and programming all procedural matters. Contact details for the Programme Officer are as follows:
- Claire Jones-Hughes, Banks Solutions, c/o 6 Brading Road, Brighton, BN2 3PD
Tel: 01273 381518, mobile: 07737 786425, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about the Examination procedure and the role of the Programme Officer is available from the Planning Inspectorate:
Last updated : 19/02/2014