Core Strategy Examination
This page contains details about the Core Strategy Examination.
Agenda for Core Strategy Hearing on 10 December 2013
The previously circulated Agenda includes at item 4 "Any Other Matters". The Inspector intends to raise three items under this heading, all relating to matters which have arisen since the May 2013 hearings:
- Agenda Item 4.1: Two Secretary of State appeal decisions dated 30 October 2013 which may have implications for policy CS14 (Gypsies and Travellers) - APP/L3625/A/12/2188740 and APP/L3625/A/12/2188747.
- Agenda Item 4.2: Publication by DCLG in August 2013 of Housing Standards Review Consultation.
Agenda Item 4.3: Publication by DCLG in August 2013 of draft (Beta) National Planning Policy Guidance.
An updated agenda is available to download below. This supersedes ID/24:
- ID/25 Updated Agenda for Additiona Hearing 10 December (PDF document [62.8Kb]) (pdf)
- ID/26 Participants List for Additional Hearing 10 December (PDF document [35.2Kb]) (pdf)
Additional Hearing 10th December - Participants' statements now available
Participants' statements for the additional Core Strategy hearing on 10 December are now available:
- Council Statements
- Participants' Statements
- Breakdown of Participants Statements by Agenda Item (PDF document [146.5Kb]) (pdf)
Notice of Core Strategy Examination Hearing
Reigate & Banstead Borough Council submitted its Core Strategy Development Plan Document to the Secretary of State for independent examination in 2012. The Secretary of State appointed Mr Martin Pike BA MA MRTPI of the Planning Inspectorate to conduct the examination.
Examination hearing sessions were held in May 2013, and will now be reconvened for one additional day on Tuesday 10 December 2013. The hearing will take place at the Town Hall, Castlefield Road, Reigate RH2 0SH and will start at 10am.
A programme for the hearing is available below. Alternatively details can be obtained from the Programme Officer, Claire Jones Hughes at Banks Solultions, c/o 6 Brading Road, Brighton BN2 3PD, by phone on 07737 786425 or by email to email@example.com.
Anyone with an interest in attending the hearing should notify the Programme Officer by Tuesday 3 December 2013.
- Notice of Core Strategy Examination Hearing (PDF document [22.3Kb]) (pdf)
- ID/23 Post Hearing Amendments Note (PDF document [43Kb]) (pdf)
Additional correspondence/documents have also been provided to the Inspector by the Council, and are available below:
- RBBC/32 Further Information for the Inspector (PDF document [217.8Kb])
- RBBC/33 5 Year Land Supply Interim Statement (PDF document [290Kb])
- RBBC/34 Schedule of main modifications to the submitted Core Strategy (PDF document [429.2Kb])
- RBBC/35 Appeal decision letter relating to land at Inholms, Haroldslea Drive, Horley (PDF document [180Kb])
Post Hearing Amendments
Representations made can be viewed via the Participants Documents pages
- Post Hearing Amendments - Representations
- Schedule of Proposed Modifications (PDF document [1.1Mb]) (pdf)
- Core Strategy composite version (PDF document [2.6Mb]) (pdf)
- Sustainability Appraisal Addendum (PDF document [1016.2Kb]) (pdf)
- ID/22 Inspector's Note on Proposed Modifications (PDF document [35.6Kb]) (pdf)
- Summary of Post Hearing Amendments (PDF document [306.7Kb]) (pdf)
Examination documents are available via the links below:
- Inspectors documents
- RBBC examination documents
- Participants documents
- Document summarising the Further Statements submitted to the Inspector (PDF document [140.8Kb]) (pdf) (links to statements)
- Core Document List 10 May 2013 (PDF document [256.9Kb]) (pdf)
- Notice of Core Strategy hearings (PDF document [20.2Kb]) (pdf)
The submitted Core Strategy
The Core Strategy was submitted to the Secretary of State in May 2012. Following an Exploratory Meeting in August 2012 and 6 month suspension period a revised Core Strategy was submitted to the Planning Inspector in February 2013.
- Core Strategy (proposed submission version March 2012) (PDF document [1.2Mb]) (pdf)
- Core Strategy: Further Amendments (submitted February 2013) (PDF document [2.7Mb])(pdf)
The Core Strategy: Further Amendments set out the general principle that in the future some development may be needed on greenfield (Green Belt) sites should suitable development opportunities in existing urban areas run out. Find out more about our proposals:
- Core Strategy and Green Belt (PDF document [290.6Kb]) (pdf)
- Key Diagram December 2012 (PDF document [404.2Kb]) (pdf)
Local MP Crispin Blunt secured a Parliamentary Debate about the Council’s Core Strategy proposals in January 2013. The transcript of the debate is available below:
- Hansard transcript of Parliamentary debate (parliament.uk)
Inspector and Programme Officer
Inspector Martin Pike BA MA MRTPI has been appointed to conduct the examination into the Core Strategy. An independent Programme Officer has also been appointed and will be responsible for organising and programming all procedural matters. Contact details for the Programme Officer are as follows:
- Claire Jones-Hughes, Banks Solutions, c/o 6 Brading Road, Brighton, BN2 3PD
Tel: 01273 381518, mobile: 07737 786425, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about the Examination procedure and the role of the Programme Officer is available from the Planning Inspectorate:
Last updated : 05/12/2013