Before you leave the armed forces:
- You will receive a ‘Certificate of cessation of entitlement to occupy service living accommodation’ 6 months before the end of your service, which states when your accommodation will end.
- You must start looking for alternative accommodation as soon as you receive this certificate
- You can contact the Council on 01737 276790 for advice and support regarding the housing options that may be available to you.
Your housing options may vary if you / your family member are leaving the armed forces for the following reasons:
- Relationship breakdown
- Death in service
- Standard discharge / retirement from services
- Discharged on medical grounds
- Discharge on disciplinary grounds / dishonourable discharge
For detailed advice on what to do in these circumstances please see our downloadable factsheet below. The factsheet also contains:
- Information of different housing options
- A list of hostels and night shelters which are in or close to this borough
- Contact details of various organisations that can offer you support
- Other useful contact details