Pages in Complaints
- 2. You are here: Making a corporate complaint
2. Making a corporate complaint
We aim to:
- Make it easy for you to complain
- Acknowledge your complaint promptly
- Ensure we thoroughly investigate complaints
- Keep you informed of the progress and the outcome of your complaint
- Refer your complaint to the appropriate partner organisation, if required, and seek to work with them to Resolve the complaint
- Make a fair decision
- Treat you with respect and act honestly
- Put things right and make improvements for the future, where we can
- Provide an explanation where we feel the complaint is not justified
- Centrally monitor complaints across the Council.
We have standards of response times for complaints, although we recognise that some complaints may be far more complex than others. If this is the case we shall let you know the anticipated length of time involved to investigate.
If your complaint refers to matters of a personal nature and we need to refer it to a third party, we will seek your consent first before doing so.
More info on our complaint procedure is on the complaint procedure page.
Complaints about councillors
Please see the Complaints about councillors page for details and the complaints form.