Advice about allotments and how to get started.
Number of allotments available in the borough
- We currently have 24 allotment sites across the borough with over one thousand plots
- Allotments are provided as full or half plots
- A full plot is 250 square metres and a half plot is 125 square metres
- Map showing allotment locations (Google maps).
There are plots available at some sites and a waiting list at others. There are plots available immediately at the Merstham & Riding School sites
To check availability please contact the Greenspaces team on email@example.com for more information:
- You can add your name to the waiting list by completing our online application form
- You may put your name on the list for more than one site and we suggest that you choose a site near to where you live.
The cost of hiring an allotment
- All new tenants pay a £50.00 deposit at the start of tenancy. This is refundable at the end of tenancy subject to satisfactory inspction of plot condition
- The charges for 2017 are £84.00 for a full plot (250 sqm) and £42.00 for a half plot (125 sqm)
- Odd sized plots are charged per square metre.
- Senior citizens will receive a 15% discount for 2017 - please note this discount will discontinue in 2018
Allocation of plots
When you have reached the top of the waiting list for your chosen site we will contact you by telephone and give details of the site steward who you arrange to meet on site to view the plot.
Once an agreement is completed cultivation can start.
Sheds & Greenhouses
Three inspections a year are carried out to ensure that plots are being cultivated appropriately. A maximum of three letters will be sent to plot holders in the event of non cultivation.
In the event that this has not resolved the issue the termination begins to end the tenancy.
Details about sites and their location
- All sites have shared taps located around the site and some taps also have water tanks
- The water is turned off during winter to prevent frozen or burst pipes
- Tenants can provide water storage containers on their plot
Sites with plots for tenants with disabilities
Wiggie Lane & Batts Hill allotment site has a plot designed for plot holders with a disability.
Most sites have a parking area
On some sites manure is available by arrangement with fellow plot holders or the steward.
Subject to agreement with the council and certain conditions plot holders can keep chickens and bees.
Location of sites
- Holly Lane Allotments, Banstead
- Lambert Road Allotments, Banstead
- Parsonfield Road Allotments, Banstead
- Partridge Mead Allotments, Bridgefield Close, Banstead
- Tattenham Way Allotments, Banstead.
- Brambletye Park Road, Earlswood
- Maple Road Allotments, Earlswood
- Princes Road Allotments, Earlswood.
- Smithy Lane Allotments, Lower Kingswood.
- Merstham Allotments, Weldon Way, Merstham.
- Batts Hill Allotments, Redhill
- Brambletye Park Road Allotments, Redhill
- Colesmead Allotments, Gatton Park Road, Redhill
- Highlands Allotments, Hatchlands Rd, Redhill
- Redstone Hill Allotments, Nutfield Rd, Redhill
- Wiggie Lane Allotments, Redhill.
- New Pond Farm Allotments, Woodhatch Road
- Park Lane Allotments, Park Lane, Reigate
- Park Lane Extension, Park Lane, Reigate
- Park Lane East Allotments, South Park
- Riding School Allotments, Prices Lane, Woodhatch
- The Paddock, Woodhatch Road
- Merland Rise Allotments, Tadworth.
- Lakers Rise Allotments, Woodmansterne
- The Park Allotments, Carshalton Road, Woodmansterne.
Greenspaces team email: firstname.lastname@example.org