Published Friday, 6th May 2016
The newly elected Police and Crime Commissioner for Surrey is David John Munro.
The total number of votes for the final two candidates for the Surrey PCC election has been declared by the Police Area Returning Officer as:
David John Munro
- Grand total votes = 100,122
- Total first preference votes = 82,125
- Total second preference votes = 17,997
Kevin Barry Hurley
- Grand total votes = 57,681
- Total first preference votes = 41,603
- Total second preference votes = 16,078
Further information about this result can be found on Reigate & Banstead Borouh Council's Police and Crime Commissioner election webpage.
Individual results for all Surrey boroughs and districts are also available.
All 11 boroughs and districts across Surrey counted today (Friday 6 May) and the overall turnout for Surrey was 28.07%.
The total number of verified ballot papers is 239,935 from a total electorate of 854,648 in Surrey. A table showing the second stage results by borough and district for Surrey is available to download.