Published Monday, 10th June 2019
Cllr Mark Brunt was re-elected as Leader of the Council at the Annual Council meeting on Wednesday 29 May. He will hold the post for four years until May 2023.
Cllr Brunt has appointed Cllr Tony Schofield as his Deputy. Cllr Brunt has also made some changes to his Executive, which has ten members including the Leader and Deputy:
- Council Leader – Cllr Mark Brunt
- Deputy Leader and Executive Member for Finance – Cllr Tony Schofield
- Investment and Companies – Cllr Tim Archer
- Community Partnerships – Cllr Rod Ashford
- Planning Policy – Cllr Richard Biggs
- Neighbourhood Services – Cllr Mrs Natalie Bramhall
- Wellbeing and Intervention – Cllr Alex Horwood
- Place and Economic Prosperity – Cllr Eddy Humphreys
- Housing and Benefits – Cllr Graham Knight
- Corporate Direction and Governance – Cllr Victor Lewanski
Cllr Brunt was Leader in 2018-19. He has been a councillor for Merstham ward since 2004 and, following his re-election in May, now represents the new Hooley, Merstham and Netherne ward that was created as part of the recent ward boundary review.
The Leader has made three new appointments to his Executive line-up. Councillors Tim Archer and Victor Lewanski take up the newly created portfolios of Investment and Companies and Corporate Direction and Governance respectively. Cllr Richard Biggs takes on the Planning Policy role from Cllr Foreman who is Mayor for 2019-20.
In other changes, Cllr Mrs Natalie Bramhall moves from the former Property and Acquisitions portfolio to take up her new position as Executive Member for Neighbourhood Services and Cllr Horwood moves from Neighbourhood Services to the Wellbeing and Intervention portfolio.