Pages in Marketfield Way
New homes, cinema and retail complex
Reigate & Banstead Borough Council is transforming Marketfield Way, Redhill, with a brand-new leisure, retail and residential development that will turn the western side of Marketfield Way into a vibrant destination.
The site comprises a 0.59 hectare site made up of the Council's former Marketfield Way surface car park and a group of retail and commercial buildings fronting 18-44 High Street.
Features of the scheme include:
- A new multi-screen cinema hosting 7 screens
- 11 new units for restaurants and shops on the ground and first floors
- 150 new one and two bedroom homes to be privately rented within buildings up to thirteen storeys in height
- landscaping and public space improvements including a 'galleria' pedestrian route through the site flanked by shops and restaurants.
Planning approval was initially granted in January 2017 with development works starting on site in January 2020. The main building works will commence in summer 2020 with the anticipated completion date in 2022.
Find out what's hapened on site so far and what's coming up in the new year in the first of our quarterly Marketfield Way development newsletters to keep residents and businesses up to date with project progress.
- Marketfield Way development newsletter - Issue 3 August 2021
- Marketfield Way development newsletter - Issue 2 March 2021
- Marketfield Way development newsletter - Issue 1 December 2020
You can use the planning application search for more information on this development using its planning reference numbers:
Please contact [email protected] for further information.