The main purpose of the designated premises supervisor (DPS) is to ensure that there is always one specified individual, among other Personal Licence holders employed at the venue, to take day-to-day responsibility for running the premises and is responsible for authorising the sale of alcohol. This person will therefore occupy a pivotal position and will deal with the Responsible Authorities for problems associated with the premises licence.
Before using our online form below please note the following:
- Please ensure you have a credit or debit card available to pay the £23 fee.
- Please ensure you have your premise licence number to hand.
- A DPS must have a personal licence and must be nominated by the premises licence holder for the role of designated supervisor, they will be named on the licence.
- All businesses and organisations selling or supplying alcohol (except members clubs and certain community premises) must have a designated premises supervisor.
- If the designated premises supervisor (DPS) leaves for any reason, or has their personal licence suspended it will be necessary to vary the DPS in order to continue with the sale of alcohol.
- A copy of your application and consent form will be sent onto the Police by the Council.
Consent to be named as a DPS
Please download and ensure the nominated person completes our RBBC's DPS consent form in full. You will need to have completed this form before starting your online application in the section below. You will need to upload a copy of this form during your online application.
You are required to upload the following via the online forms 'Upload Files' page:
Apply to vary a DPS
Before you make your online application you must have obtained a completed and signed DPS Consent Form (see above). You must upload this DPS Consent Form as part of your application when prompted (Upload Files Screen). Your application will not be processed if the DPS Consent Form has not been provided.
What happens next
After we receive your application we need to consult the Police and process your application. We aim to post out the new paper work 3-4 weeks after receipt of the application.