- minor changes to the structure or layout of premises.
- small adjustments to the licensing hours.
- the removal of out-of-date irrelevant or unenforceable conditions or adding volunteered conditions.
- the addition of certain licensable activities.
- the removal of a licensable activity.
The minor variations process can't be used to:
- add the retail or supply of alcohol to a licence.
- extend licensing hours for the sale or supply of alcohol at any time between 11pm and 7am.
- increase the amount of time during which alcohol may be sold by retail or supplied on any day.
- extend the period for which the licence or certificate has effect.
- transfer the licence or certificate from one premises to another or vary substantially the premises to which it relates.
- specify, in a premises licence, an individual as the premises supervisor.
- add the sale by retail or supply of alcohol as an activity authorised by a licence or certificate.
- disapply the mandatory conditions relating to a designated premises supervisor (there is a separate process by which community premises can apply for this).
Make a minor variation
What happens next
When we receive your application we will consider whether the variation could impact adversely on the licensing objectives.
On receipt and whilst considering the application, we may consult relevant responsible authorities if there is any doubt about the impact of the variation on the licensing objectives and if we need specialist advice. In this case we will take their views into account before reaching a decision (for example we may need to consult the environmental health officer on an application with possible public nuisance implications).
You should be aware that in the case of minor variations, there is no right to a hearing, but we must take any relevant representations into account in arriving at a decision.
We must wait until this ten working day period has elapsed before determining the application, but must do so at the latest within 15 working days, beginning on the first working day after receiving the application, with effect either that:
the minor variation is granted; or
the application is refused