Electric vehicle charge points
The council currently operates three electric vehicle charging points in the borough, one rapid charger (43 kW) – off Wray Lane near J8 of the M25, and two so called fast chargers (upto 22 kW) - Victoria Road Carpark, Horley, and at the main Town Hall carpark in Reigate.
The rapid charge point in the borough is capable of charging a typical electric vehicle battery (22 kWh) from flat to around 80 % in 20 minutes, with connectors to fit all of the major electric vehicles in use (CHAdeMO (DC 44 kW), CCS (DC44kW) and Type 2 (AC 43 kW).
These will charge a vehicle at up to 22kW depending on the vehicle type. For example a Renault Zoe will charge at 22 kW, while a Nissan Leaf (2018 version or older) will only charge at 7kW. Connection is via a type two connector (the standard for this type of unit) so you will need to have a charging cable (normally supplied with the vehicle) with you.
Finding the charge points
If you are having trouble viewing the map on your mobile device, please use this link to open the map in a new page - electric vehicle charge points interactive map.
Rapid charger location
The rapid charger is located in the Wray Lane Car Park at the top of Reigate Hill just off Junction 8 of the M25. At the roundabout of the A217 and the M25 head for Reigate / Merstham but stay in the left hand lane (Merstham) and follow the parking / Viewpoint signs. For a map click here.
- Unfortunately there is not an accurate post code for the site, but the following latitude and longitude values can be used:
- 51.256192, -0.192178 or
- 51°15'22.3"N 0°11'31.8"W
- The charger is located next to the café and toilets on the site.
- Parking is free.
Fast charger location
Victoria Road Car Park, Victoria Road, Horley, Surrey, RH6 7AS.
- Open 24 hours, shops, cafes, supermarkets and toilets all within 3 to 5 min walk.
- Standard parking fees apply. See board in carpark or see the Horley car park page
Main Car Park, Reigate Town Hall, Castlefield Road, Reigate, Surrey, RH2 0SH.
- Open to valid permit holders and council visitors only Mon – Fri 8:30 to 5pm.
- Open to the public 5pmto 8:30 weekdays, all day Saturday and Sunday
- Shops, cafes, supermarkets and toilets all within 3 to 5 min walk
- Parking is free weekdays 5pm to 8:30am
- Weekends standard parking fees apply. See board in carpark or the Reigate car park page
Using the charge point
To use the charger only a credit / debit card is required along with a mobile phone to call the Charge Your Car number displayed on the charger (24 hours).
All of the chargers are on the Charge Your Car network (simply down load the app to your smartphone).
The current costs (September 2018) to use the chargers are:
- Rapid: £2.50 PLUS 20p per kWh of electricity or part of.
- Fast: £0.50 PLUS 20p per kWh of electricity or part of.
For other change points in the area / UK see either of the following external sites: