Healthwise: Physical Activity Referral Scheme (PARS)
The Healthwise 12 week Physical Activity Referral Scheme introduces individuals to the benefits of physical activity in order to help reduce risk factors for chronic disease and manage existing medical conditions.
Email:- [email protected]
This scheme is currently delivered across Reigate & Banstead by Better at Donyngs Leisure Centre, Horley Leisure Centre and Tadworth Leisure & Community Centres.
Weight Loss with Better
Adult Weight Management courses run for a 12 week period and encompass both educational and physical activity components to promote healthy eating and an active lifestyle. This is a group based programme (12 per group).
Please note: class sizes and the physical activity offer may alter based on the Covid-19 government guidelines.
The patient must not have any of the following contraindications:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- A diagnosed eating disorder
- Co-morbidity or underlying medical cause of obesity which requires medical intervention
- Any type of bariatric surgery within the last 2 years OR if under the care of a bariatric service
- Unstable/uncontrolled moderate/ severe mental health condition
Price: Free of charge to participant (2 hours per week for 12 weeks)
For access outside of these 2 hours, a subsidised rate of £20 DD per month or £4 pay and play per activity for 24 months.