Pages in My sustainable community
1. Get involved with a local group
There are lots of local groups striving to make the borough more sustainable. If you're interested in finding out about these groups and getting involved, here are the details:
Conservation & biodiversity
- Our Greenspaces Team work with volunteers in a number of parks, woodlands, allotments, countryside and running guided walks. Email: email@example.com
- The Greenspaces Team also support a number of other conservation groups in the borough
- The Surrey Care Trust provides ways to support young people and adults by developing skills through community projects, including conservation volunteering
- Salford & Sidlow Parish Council have a tree planting scheme you can get involved with
- The following organisations also rely on volunteers:
Organisations and businesses can get involved in the following general sustainability initiatives:
- Eco church is an award scheme for churches in England and Wales that want to demonstrate their care for the world
- Eco Schools is a global programme that enables pupils to get involved in environmental work directly, raising their awareness and delivering positive change and financial savings for their school
- Local businesses might be interested in joining Reigate & Banstead's Sustainability Business Network - a forum for local business led collaboration on sustainability. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Visit our volunteering pages for more general information about volunteering in the borough.