Pages in Abandoned vehicles
- 1. You are here: Check if a vehicle is taxed
- 2. Report an abandoned vehicle
1. Check if a vehicle is taxed
Where a vehicle is taxed and either legally or illegally parked the Council’s powers to remove the vehicle are limited.
You will need the vehicle registration number and the make of the vehicle.
Check if a vehicle is taxed (gov.uk website)
- Untaxed vehicles should be reported to the DVLA on 0300 7906801.
- Vehicles causing an obstruction should be reported to the Police on 101
- Vehicles need a valid MOT if they are being driven on the public highway - but not if just parked on the roadside
You can also report an abandoned vehicle.