How we deal with anti-social behaviour
Pages in How we deal with anti-social behaviour
Anti-social behaviour issues are dealt with by our Joint Enforcement Team (JET) and our Anti-social Behaviour Officer.
Community Harm and Risk Management Meetings
The Council hosts monthly Community Harm and Risk Management (CHARMM ) Meetings with partner agencies to talk about the reported ASB issues within the Borough.
This is a multi-agency group whose members include:
- Borough Council Officers
- Raven Housing Trust Neighbourhood Managers
- Surrey Police Neighbourhood Specialists
- Surrey County Council Targeted Youth Services
- Surrey County Council Adult Social Care
- Others according to the agenda content.
This group considers the severity of the reported anti-social behaviour and decides appropriate action. The group will:
- work with the Police and other agencies to gather evidence of the impact that the behaviour is having to decide what action, if any, can be taken
- use a range of legal and non legal intervention to try to resolve the ASB. Some of the tools and powers we use are; mediation, joint visits, written warnings and Community Protection Notices (CPNs)