What can go in each container
Pages in What can go in each container
- 1. What can go in each container
- 2. You are here: Food recycling container
- 3. Paper and cardboard recycling box
2. Food recycling container
What can go in my green outside food recycling container and silver kitchen caddy?
Use the small silver kitchen caddy to collect your food waste each day, then transfer this into the large green food recycling container outside, which we will collect every week.
From Wednesday 1 June 2016 you will be able to use plastic liners or bags in your food recycling caddy. See the Plastic bags and your food waste recycling page for more information.
You can wrap each days food waste in newspaper if easier and then put it into outside bin if you find this easier.
- Raw and cooked meat and fish, including bones, fat and gristle
- Dairy products including cheese and eggs/egg shells
- Bread, cake, biscuits and pastries
- Rice, pasta, beans and pulses
- Fruit, vegetables, salad and peelings
- Leftovers and out of date food
- Uneaten food from your plates and dishes
- Tea bags/tea leaves and coffee grounds
- Pet food
- Newspaper, compostible liners and plastic liners or bags - if used to wrap food waste
- Any other packaging not used as food liners or bags
- Black refuse sacks
- Oil or liquid fat