Pages in R&Be active
- 3. You are here: Specsavers Surrey Youth Games 2019
- 4. Star for a night
3. Specsavers Surrey Youth Games 2019
The Specsavers Surrey Youth Games in a countywide sports competition held annually in June. In the lead up to the Games there are free sports coaching sessions for up to 8 weeks for young people in school yrs 3+ held across Reigate and Banstead at local schools and sports clubs. The sessions are designed for beginners. We welcome anyone who would like to give a new sport a try!
Register now for Surrey Youth Games 2019
The games this year are taking place across 15 and 16 June. Training for the below sports begins after the Easter school holidays.
- Badminton Mixed (School years 5 and 6)
- Boccia Mixed (School years 3 to 11)
- Boxing Mixed (School years 7 to 11)
- Couch to 2k Mixed (School years 8 to 11)
- Football Girls Only (School years 2 and 3)
- Hockey Mixed (School years 3 to 6)
- Judo Mixed (School years 3 to 6)
- Lacrosse Mixed (School years 7 to 10)
- Netball Girls Only (School years 4 to 7)
- Squash Mixed (School years 3 to 8)
- Table Tennis Mixed (School years 5 - 10)
- Tennis Mixed (School year 3)
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is the SSYG for?
- All children and young people aged 6 to 16 who live or go to school in the Reigate and Banstead borough
- Beginners or those children and young people trying sport for the first time
- No club players
When does it take place?
- Registration: opens 18th February 2019
- Activities: sessions start late April 2019
- Celebration weekend: Saturday 15 & Sunday 16 June 2019
Where is it?
- Activity sessions are held at various locations around the borough
- Celebration weekend takes place at Surrey Sports Park, Guildford
How much does it cost?
- All sessions and the celebration weekend are free
What about transport?
- Arriva is the official transport provider for the 2019 games. There will be a free bus service for the event days.
Do you cater for additional needs?
- Boccia is an inclusive sport designed for people with high support needs
- We aim to make all activities as inclusive as possible. Please let get in touch if you may need additional support to attend activity sessions
Do I need to bring any equipment?
Most sports will provide you with the equipment needed for training, however there is some specicialist equipment you may need to bring yourself. If you are unable to bring the following equipment with you to training please get in contact:
- Boxing - gloves
- Hockey - mouth guard
- Badmington - racquet
- Judo - uniform
Emma Eaton 01737 276693 or email email@example.com