Council tax online forms
You can pay council tax, apply for discounts and tell us about changes of address online.
- Direct Debit mandate
- Request for 12 monthly instalments
- Pay council tax online
- Single person discount
- Student discount
- Discount form
- Change of address for council tax
- Change of circumstances for council tax - please complete this form if you have had to leave your property due to flooding.
- Refund application
About council tax
Reigate & Banstead Borough Council collects council tax for ourselves (13 per cent of your bill), Surrey police (12 per cent) and Surrey County Council (75 per cent).
This income goes towards services provided throughout the year.
In the case of the Borough Council these include waste collection, street cleaning, benefits, planning, environmental health, housing services, and managing the parks, open spaces, leisure centres, day centres and the Harlequin Theatre.
Residents in Horley and Salfords and Sidlow pay a little bit more to fund the services provided by Horley Town Council and Salfords and Sidlow Parish Council.
How much you pay
How much you pay is calculated by the value of your property at 1 April 1991.
Property values are assessed and banded from Band A (the least expensive) to Band H (the most expensive), with the owners of larger properties paying more council tax.
Individual account enquiries
If you have a query about council tax please:
- call 01737 276779 (lines open between 8.45 - 17.00 Monday to Tuesday and 8.45 - 12.00 Wednesday, Thursday and Friday)
- email firstname.lastname@example.org