Merstham Recreation Ground refurbishment
Pages in Merstham Recreation Ground refurbishment
- 1. You are here: A park for everyone
- 2. Have your say
1. A park for everyone
The Council is planning a £1.5 million project to refurbish the park, located between Weldon Way and Albury Road.
We know Merstham Rec is an important open space for local people, as well as for people who live in other areas and use it.
We want to make improvements so more people can enjoy the open space and use its facilities, whether it’s to walk the dog, exercise, meet and relax or just enjoy the outdoors.
We think the plans should focus on these key things:
- play and fun
- access for all
- access to nature
- improved wellbeing
- being active
What are the ideas?
We have been thinking about what the local community might like to see and have developed some ideas on what the revamped park might include and a plan of what it could look like.
- a new pavilion - a modern new building providing changing rooms and a small community room for functions.
- better play facilities - an exciting play area for children of all ages and abilities with a range of equipment and opportunities for natural play.
- a community garden - a central meeting place to hold events with seating and a garden with colourful and scented plants and a community orchard.
- improved paths - new paths to connect areas of the park and the wider area, which can be used for walking, running, and cycling and for people of all abilities.
- wildlife areas - areas to encourage wildlife and to help people enjoy and connect with nature.
- better parking - spaces for around 30-40 vehicles to provide better parking for people who may be visiting to play sport or use the facilities.
To help to start people thinking, we have prepared some initial designs for how Merstham Rec might look. Dependent on the feedback we receive and the money available, these plans will develop and change over time.