Inviting the Mayor to attend an event
This facility is intended to streamline the process and it means that you can submit your invitation at any time.
When completing the form please could you provide as many details as possible, and all the information requested, as this will help us to deal with your request as quickly as possible and without needing to contact you for additional information.
Please note: All invites to the Mayor will be considered in line with current government guidance.
When you have submitted your application you will receive an acknowledgment by email with a copy of your completed form attached.
If you are inviting the Mayor to attend an event, please note:
- All invitations must be addressed to the Mayor. The civic protocol requires that the Mayor, as the First citizen of the Borough, considers each invitation request to determine whether they are able to accept the invitation or whether it is one to delegate to the Deputy Mayor where available.
- It is not appropriate, therefore, to invite the Deputy Mayor or other Councillor(s) through this process. Any applications that seek to do this will be automatically returned to the event organiser.
- Completing this form does not confirm the attendance of the Mayor/ Deputy Mayor.
- Confirmation will be sent to all successful applications.
- To support your application please complete this form as fully as possible and return it to us at least a month before the function.
If you would like to know more about Mayoral protocols, you may wish to consult the following document: