Our site should be accessible for users with visual impairments or other disabilities.
- we've written it to be in plain English, uncluttered and as easy to use as possible
- particular emphasis was put on the tasks people most used the site for, they've been made easy and put on the front page.
- text is resizable
- the design is responsive so it reshapes for different devices and screen sizes
- the colour contrasts meet standards
- the Content Management System the site runs on meets standards.
- we build it in consultation with local customers with accessibility needs and are always keen to improve the site through this dialogue (do let us know if you find something inaccessible [email protected])
- when this site was launched in 2015 we were the highest climber in an indepedent accessibility review due to the improvements.
- Change colours and fonts on this site, easy to use tool.