Our site should be accessible for users with visual impairments or other disabilities.
- we've written it to be in plain English, uncluttered and as easy to use as possible
- particular emphasis was put on the tasks people most used the site for, they've been made easy and put on the front page.
- text is resizable
- the design is responsive so it reshapes for different devices and screen sizes
- the colour contrasts meet standards
- the Content Management System the site runs on meets standards.
- we build it in consultation with local customers with accessibility needs and are always keen to improve the site through this dialogue (do let us know if you find something inaccessible firstname.lastname@example.org)
- when this site was launched in 2015 we were the highest climber in an indepedent accessibility review due to the improvements.
- Change colours and fonts on this site, easy to use tool.