Advice from other authorities and agencies

Environment Agency

Pre-application advice

The Environment Agency is able to provide advice or information relating to a proposed development or change of use for a specific plot of land. See the Environment Agency's pre-application enquiry form ( website) for a written request for advice or information for your proposal and further information..

A guide for developers

The Environment Agency provides practical advice on adding value to your site and on making developments better for people and the environment. A revised guide published May 2013, and  further information a can be found on A guide for developers ( website).

Flood risk standing advice

Flood risk is an issue that you need to consider if you are planning a new development, whether a home extension or something bigger, or even a change of use. The Environment Agency provides a Flood risk standing advice ( website) for use by planning applicants and their agents for advice on what to do when submitting a planning application and for guidance to help with this.

Surrey County Council

Pre–application advice

The Transport Development Planning (Surrey County Council website) section is able to give advice on transportation issues related to development proposals, including pre-planning application advice on specific proposals.