Pages in Refugee support
- 1. You are here: Ukrainian refugee information
- 2. Ukrainian refugee sponsors information
- 3. Ukrainian refugee guest information
- 4. Ukrainian refugee additional support
- 5. Afghan Relocations and Assistance Policy (ARAP)
- 6. Syrian Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Scheme
- 7. A Syrian Feast
1. Ukrainian refugee information
To read this page in Ukrainian, please see Google Translate: Підтримка громадян України
To read this page in Russian, please see Google Translate: Поддержка граждан Украины
Disclaimer: as the translations linked above are provided by Google Translate, Reigate & Banstead Borough Council cannot be held responsible for their accuracy.
We are dedicated to welcoming guests from Ukraine into the borough, to support them in settling quickly and safely as they flee the terrible situation in their country. We are working with members of our existing local Ukrainian community to provide support and know this will be a crucial element of helping to make those arriving feel comfortable.
Through our existing refugee resettlement services, we will:
- provide money and benefits support from within our Money Support Team
- Provide weekly drop-in support groups across the borough to Ukrainian guests and their sponsors
- offer housing advice and discuss any needs arising from the new arrivals through our Housing Team
- support with access to our Voluntary and Community Support services
- provide support to families through our Resettlement Team and Family Support Team
- complete any necessary referrals to partners, including health and school admissions
How you can help
Homes for Ukraine Scheme
You can register your interest in providing space in your home by becoming a sponsor and providing a safe place for refugees to stay at the national: Homes for Ukraine - Local Sponsorship Scheme - GOV.UK. There is a useful Homes for Ukraine scheme: frequently asked questions - GOV.UK page.
This scheme enables individuals, charities, community groups and businesses to volunteer accommodation and become a sponsor, even if they don't know anyone personally or don't have family members fleeing Ukraine.
Ukraine Family Scheme for relatives
The government's Apply for a Ukraine Family Scheme visa - GOV.UK allows Ukrainians to join their family members in the UK, or for Ukrainian nationals already here to extend their stay.
Please let us know too
To help us plan and provide support in the best way, please contact us if you have registered with either of the national schemes to host refugees or welcome family members by sending an email to: email@example.com
Government advice is that the most effective way to help people living in Ukraine is to make a financial donation to one of the charities providing humanitarian relief, rather than giving goods. Cash can be transferred quickly to areas where it is needed, and aid organisations can use it to buy what they need most.
If you would like to donate money, you could consider the Disasters Emergency Committee's (DEC) Ukrainian appeal (which brings together leading UK aid agencies to raise funds), the UN's humanitarian work, or the British Red Cross Ukraine Crisis Appeal.
Non-financial donations for people arriving in the borough
If you would like to donate items to support those resettling in the borough, please consider using our existing local charities. We'll be working with sponsors to access anything they need from these organisations. Whilst we cannot guarantee that donations are given to Ukrainians, we can assure you that they will go to people in need.
See our: Homes for Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme Privacy Notice