Pages in Business Continuity Management
- 1. About Business Continuity Management
- 2. You are here: Top Tips for Businesses
- 3. Identify your Plan B
- 4. More information and advice
2. Top Tips for Businesses
Here are some top tips to strengthen your business continuity resilience.
It is important you are ready for any disruption. You can get ready by using:
Outline what is vital to keep your business running
As a small business, you may want to consider:
- The suppliers of the stock you sell
- The means to sell your product or service (e.g.do you require a physical site, the internet, and or telephony)
- Essential equipment/software
- Your staff and their roles and responsibilities
Create a ‘type of disaster’ list
Consider what types of disaster would affect the areas vital to your business.
- Utility outages
- Extreme weather
- Loss of ICT
- Loss of essential equipment/software
You might find it valuable to create a risk register for your business.
Surrey Local Resilience Forum’s risk register is available to help you understand what a risk register requires.