Pages in Development Plan
3. Development Management Plan (DMP)
The Development Management Plan (DMP) was formally adopted by the Council on 26 September 2019.
The DMP supports and amplifies the delivery of the vision, objectives and strategy for growth established in the Core Strategy.
The DMP includes:
- Detailed policies that will be used to guide and assess planning applications
- Policy designations that identify areas where a particular approach will be taken to development
- Site allocations which identify sites where a particular type and scale of development will be delivered
The DMP was subject to an examination process and was found to be sound and legally compliant by the independent Inspector.
- DMP Inspector's Report
- Appendix to Inspector's Report - Main Modifications
- Schedule of Minor Modifications
The DMP (Annex 4) introduces local minimum standards for residential development.
To assist applicants and stakeholders in applying these standards to development proposals in the borough, a calculator and interactive map have been produced.