Pages in Development Plan
3. Development Management Plan (DMP)
The Development Management Plan (DMP) was formally adopted by the Council on 26 September 2019.
- DMP Adoption Statement
- Submission Sustainability Appraisal Report (as amended)
- Sustainability Appraisal Adoption Statement
The DMP supports and amplifies the delivery of the vision, objectives and strategy for growth established in the Core Strategy.
The DMP includes:
- Detailed policies that will be used to guide and assess planning applications
- Policy designations that identify areas where a particular approach will be taken to development
- Site allocations which identify sites where a particular type and scale of development will be delivered
The DMP was subject to an examination process and was found to be sound and legally compliant by the independent Inspector.
- DMP Inspector's Report
- Appendix to Inspector's Report - Main Modifications
- Schedule of Minor Modifications
The DMP (Annex 4) introduces local minimum standards for residential development.
To assist applicants and stakeholders in applying these standards to development proposals in the borough, a calculator and interactive map have been produced.