Parks and Playgrounds
Pages in Parks and Playgrounds
Parks and opens spaces remain open for people to enjoy when following the Government guidance around social distancing. Our playgrounds remain open but we ask you to pay attention to the signs about social distancing and come back another time if they are too busy. The guidance allows us to close the playgrounds if they are not being used responsibly.
- If you or anyone in your household is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please DO NOT visit any of our parks, play areas or outdoors gyms. You must self-isolate and book a test at: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Reminders about social distancing will be displayed. Please follow these and encourage your children to do so, too. We ask that only one parent/guardian accompanies their child/children during their visit to the play area.
- New maximum capacity recommendations will be displayed at the entrance to each play area and on some pieces of equipment. Please respect these capacity recommendations. They are there for your family’s safety and for the safety of other park users. It is your responsibility to read and follow these.
- Some pieces of equipment will unfortunately be out of action as social distancing is simply not possible when these are in use. These will be clearly marked.
- We ask all visitors to continue regularly washing or sanitising their hands before, during and after their visit to the playground.
- For the safety of everyone, consumption of food or drink on play equipment or in the playground area is currently prohibited.
We maintain more than 70 parks and 34 children's play areas.
In this section are directories of parks and playgrounds, showing what facilities are available.
The borough's parks received the second highest satisfaction rating in the country in a residents' survey.
Parks and playgrounds interactive map
If you are having trouble viewing the map on your mobile device, please use this link to open the map in a new page - Parks and playgrounds interactive map.
Under our bylaws drones are not permitted to fly on or over our land unless our permission is given. See the link below for the rules about flying near to Gatwick Airport. Email: [email protected]
Under our bylaws drones are not permitted to fly on or over our land unless our permission is given.
See the link below for the rules about flying near to Gatwick Airport.
Email: [email protected]