Mayoral, Civic and Corporate Events
Please contact [email protected] or call 01737 276318 for further information about the events listed below.
The Mayor’s Art Competition
Theme: Lockdown life – and the future
Launches: 24 March Closing date: 23 April
Children up to 19 years old are invited to create a piece of A4 artwork to reflect their experiences of 2020 and 2021. Artwork can reflect anything from home schooling to missing friends and family, clapping on doorsteps or celebrating local key workers. It could also portray what they’re most looking forward to in the future, such as hugging their grandparents or going on holiday.
It must be A4 in size, but anything can be used to create the artwork, such as pens, pencils, crayons or collage.
How to enter
Please email a photo of the artwork to [email protected] with the subject line as ‘Mayor’s Art Competition’ by 23 April 2021. Please include the child’s name and age.
When taking the photo, please make sure you use natural lighting. Dark or unnatural light can distort the image colour or appearance.
Entries will be split into three age groups: under 8s, 8-12 years and 13-19 years.
The Mayor, Cllr Rosemary Absalom, will shortlist a few entries from each age group. These shortlisted entrants will be contacted and asked to send the original artwork to the Town Hall for final judging.
The winners will be announced at the Annual Council meeting on 27 May 2021.
One winner from each age group will each win a Hobbycraft voucher worth £50, a certificate from the Mayor and their artwork shared on the Council’s social media channels. One of these winners will also be crowned the overall winner and their winning artwork will be framed and displayed in the Mayor’s Parlour at the Town Hall in Reigate.
Terms and conditions
- The competition is open to children aged up to 19 years old who live in the borough of Reigate & Banstead only.
- All entrants must ask permission from a parent or guardian before entering.
- Entries for the competition must be emailed by 23:59 on 23 April 2021.
- Shortlisted entries will be contacted within 21 days of the competition closing date.
- Prizes are non-refundable and non-negotiable.
- There is no fee to enter The Mayor’s Art Competition, but if you would like to make a charitable donation, please consider The Community Fund for Reigate & Banstead. In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Community Fund has been converted into a local Reigate and Banstead Coronavirus Emergency Fund and all grants are being made specifically to local charities and projects working to assist in the local Covid-19 social and welfare response. Donations are always welcome and can be made by visiting the Mayor's Virgin Giving Page: www.virginmoneygiving.com/RBBCMayor or alternatively by contacting the Mayor's Office at: [email protected].
Mayor's Ruby Raffle
The draw took place on Monday 14th December 2020 and winners have been contacted.