Pages in Private renting
- 4. You are here: Help with your deposit
- 5. Guide to finding Accommodation in the borough of Reigate and Banstead
- 6. Help with tenancy problems
4. Help with your deposit
In most cases, private tenants are expected to pay a deposit and one month's rent in advance to secure their tenancy.
If you are unable to fund your deposit, there are various ways to get help:
- Applying for a Budgeting Loan
- Rent Deposit Scheme: The Council offers this scheme to single homeless people and those at risk of becoming homeless. We are able to offer up to £500 to assist with the deposit for a private rented room or flat. Contact the Housing Advice team for further information on 01737 276790.
- Rent Deposit Guarantee Scheme: Households at risk of homelessness and in priority need can be referred to this scheme run by NextStep. Contact the Housing Advice Team on 01737 276790.