Pages in Private renting
- 4. You are here: Help with your deposit
- 5. Guide to finding Accommodation in the borough of Reigate and Banstead
- 6. Help with tenancy problems
4. Help with your deposit
In most cases, private tenants are expected to pay a deposit and one month's rent in advance to secure their tenancy.
If you are unable to fund your deposit, there are various ways to get help:
- Applying for a Budgeting Loan
- The Council may be able to offer you financial assistance to help you secure accommdation. You will need to meet certain criteria to be eligible. To find out more please call the Housing Team on 01737 276790.
- Rent Deposit Guarantee Scheme: Households at risk of homelessness and in priority need can be referred to this scheme run by NextStep. Contact the Housing Advice Team on 01737 276790.