Severe weather and our services
Pages in Severe weather and our services
- 3. You are here: Be prepared
3. Be prepared
Guidance for during a heatwave
- NHS Choices Heatwave Be prepared - the main NHS website provides reliable advice and guidance throughout the year on how to keep fit and well (NHS.uk)
- Heatwave Plan for England (Gov.uk) - there is a lot of detailed guidance on how to cope during a heatwave on the Heatwave Plan for England, including the impact of heat on health, advice for social care providers and looking after children during a heatwave.
- Met Office Severe Weather explained (Metoffice.gov.uk)
Consider checking on people who might need a hand. If there is an emergency, always dial 999. However, if it is not an emergency you may want to contact your GP, a local pharmacy or the NHS 111 free-to-call medical helpline.
Surrey County Council:
- Surrey County Council website - for library and adult services latest
- School closures (Surrey County Council website).
- Safety (UK Power Networks website) - what to do in the event of a power cut. Dial 105 for free to get directly through to your local network.