Severe weather and our services
Pages in Severe weather and our services
- 3. You are here: Be prepared
3. Be prepared
Guidance for during cold weather
- Get ready for winter (Met office) has lots of advice on keeping warm, supporting your community, travelling and home protection.
- Winter weather: UK government response (Gov.uk) - bringing together winter preparedness material (floods and extreme weather, power outage) and news in one place on Gov.uk.
Healthy Surrey - information and advice for keeping well in severe weather, particularly for elderly people, pregnant women, those with long term health conditions and other vulnerable people.
Consider checking on people who might need a hand. If there is an emergency, always dial 999. However, if it is not an emergency you may want to contact your GP, a local pharmacy or the NHS 111 free-to-call medical helpline.
Surrey County Council:
- Surrey County Council website - for library and adult services latest
- School closures (Surrey County Council website).
- Surrey Prepared (Surrey County Council website) - information to help you, your community and our county be ready and resilient to emergencies
- Safety (UK Power Networks website) - what to do in the event of a power cut. Dial 105 for free to get directly through to your local network.