Severe weather and our services
Pages in Severe weather and our services
- 3. You are here: Be prepared
3. Be prepared
Guidance for during cold weather
- Get ready for winter (Met office) has lots of advice on keeping warm, supporting your community, travelling and home protection.
- Winter weather: UK government response (Gov.uk) - bringing together winter preparedness material (floods and extreme weather, power outage) and news in one place on Gov.uk.
- Healthy Surrey - information and advice for keeping well in severe weather, particularly for elderly people, pregnant women, those with long term health conditions and other vulnerable people.
- Public Health England - download a leaflet with lots of advice about staying well in cold weather.
Consider checking on people who might need a hand. If there is an emergency, always dial 999. However, if it is not an emergency you may want to contact your GP, a local pharmacy or the NHS 111 free-to-call medical helpline.
Surrey County Council:
- Surrey County Council website - for library and adult services latest
- School closures (Surrey County Council website).
- Surrey Prepared (Surrey County Council website) - information to help you, your community and our county be ready and resilient to emergencies
- Safety (UK Power Networks website) - what to do in the event of a power cut. Dial 105 for free to get directly through to your local network.