Severe weather and our services
Pages in Severe weather and our services
- 1. You are here: Collections and council services
- 2. Leisure centres and council buildings
- 3. Be prepared
1. Collections and council services
- Follow our updates in bad weather on Reigatebanstead Twitter.
- See the flooding pages for specific flooding information.
Trees down in the road
You can report trees that are blocking the road to Surrey County Council (SCC) on 03456 009 009. There is more detail on their Reporting storm damage or problems page (SCC website).
If we miss a bin due to the weather, put it out for the next week's collection. Last year we completed 95% of our rounds during the snowy days but we did record those roads we couldn't get down. We also used our 4x4s to help with collections.
Garden waste - Please be aware we can't empty garden waste bins where the contents are frozen to the sides. When it all thaws, we'll catch up.
Tips - Please see Community Recycling Centres (Surrey County Council website) for opening hours of tips.
Gritting - ask Surrey County Council
Responsibility for gritting in the borough lies with SCC and the Highways Agency. For gritting (and pothole) enquiries please see Highways information online (Surrey County Council website). You can also follow Surrey travel (Twitter).
If you consider a problem to be an immediate threat to life and limb telephone the SCC contact centre on 0300 200 1003 instead of using the online forms.
We do recognise however, large quantities of snow is difficult to cope with. Therefore, we are pleased to highlight our commitment to providing mutual aid assistance to our partners to help meet gritting demand within the borough.
Last year we:
- Gritted in priority areas such as town centre footpaths and around leisure centres.
- Gritted only the car parks at Donyngs, Horley Leisure Centre and the Town Hall.
- Emptied litter bins.
We'd like to thank those residents and businesses who cleared snow around their own and neighbours properties.
We are enforcing parking as normal.