Pages in Housing strategies
- 1. You are here: Housing strategies
The Localism Act 2011 required local authorities to publish a Tenancy Strategy by January 2013.
The Council's Tenancy Strategy is available to download below.
Homelessness Strategy 2011-2016
Our Homelessness Strategy 2011-2016, which sets out what we plan to do in Reigate and Banstead to tackle homelessness.
The strategy has five overarching themes:
- Develop the Housing Options approach
- Strengthen partnership working
- Engage the private rented sector
- Increase the supply of and maximise the use of existing affordable housing
- Deliver efficient customer focused services
Effectively tackling homelessness and minimising its effects on individuals and the wider community continues to be a key objective for us. We are committed to preventing homelessness wherever possible and finding appropriate interventions to achieve this.
We will drive forward future improvements to our services to those people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness, by achieving the actions within this strategy’s Delivery Plan.