Getting help to buy your own home
Pages in Getting help to buy your own home
- 1. Help to Buy scheme
- 2. Which scheme will suit my situation?
- 3. You are here: Shared Ownership
- 4. Equity Loans
3. Shared Ownership
- Depending on how much you can afford, shared ownership allows you to buy a percentage share of a property while a housing association retains the other share
- It has previously been known as 'Part-Buy, Part-Rent' because you will be charged rent on the remaining share which is owned by the housing association.
- In most cases, you can choose to buy additional shares later on to increase your equity.
To check your eligibility and details on how to apply, please seee the Help to Buy East & South East page.