Local Authority Pollution Prevention Control (PPC)

The Council has a duty to regulate certain types of installations within our borough to reduce pollution and in particular improve air quality and these installations include dry cleaners, vehicle resprayers and petrol filling stations. 

Our role in the regime is to issue permits which set controls and emission standards to minimise pollution from certain industrial activities. Business that operate certain types of installation therefore must have a permit from the council (A2 and Part B installations). All permitted installations within our borough are entered on a public register.

Further information on permitting can be found on the environmental permitting section of the gov.uk website Environmental permitting (gov.uk website).

Public Register

See our PPC Public Register webpage for information on all the permitted installations within the Borough of Reigate & Banstead. This list is kept up to date whenever a new permit or update to a permit is made.

Part A1

Part A1 installations are regulated by the Environment Agency and not the Local Authority. Application forms are available from the Environment Agency.

Part A2

For Part A2 applications we advise that you consider initially contacting Environmental Health either by email on environmental.protection@reigate-banstead.gov.uk or by telephone on 01737 726417 to discuss your application prior to submission. 

Part B Application Forms

Below are our Part B Application forms. Please use the relevant form for your application. The general form should be used if not applying for one of the other two activities.

Once you have completed your application, please either email your application to environmental.protection@reigate-banstead.gov.uk or post it to Environmental Protection, Reigate & Banstead Borough Council, Town Hall, Castlefield Road, Reigate, Surrey RH2 8BG. We advise you retain a copy of your application for your records. Please see the fees and charges section below to ascertain the correct fee that will need to accompany your application. 

Fees and Charges

The link below goes to the government website that states the current applicable charges. The fees and charges are set nationally.

Further information